SlugFest '97 DX
A downloadable game for Windows
SlugFest '97 is a Visual Basic fighting game made by three kids over a week-long vacation from school.
See the blog post in External Links for more info about the creation of this game.
Or watch the "Making Of" video which gives you the gist in 16 seconds:---
SlugFest '97 DX is a complete rewrite of SlugFest '97 in C, using the libSDL library as an underlying layer to provide high performance, compatability, and portability. The port was completed in December 2011, with a release on Christmas Day.
In the process of porting, a number of enhancements and features were added to the game. In particular:
- Fullscreen Mode
- Character semi-transparency
- Backported features from the unfinished SlugFest 2000 project: two new characters, and a new arena
- MIDI background music (by Greg, Erin and Lauren Kennedy) from 1998, and sound effects from the same time
- Enhanced strategic fighting engine provides an alternative to the button mashing of the original
- Additional "options" screen allows keyboard remapping and volume adjustment
- "Classic" mode to disable all the above features and play the game as originally written
The game's not really much better, but, at least it's playable.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.